The launch party details have now been finalized, and I’m excited to share them with you.
Toronto, Sunday November 15, 2015, 8 pm. Holy Oak (1241 Bloor Street West).
Join Teri Vlassopoulos and Invisible Publishing for an evening of book reading + tarot reading to launch Teri’s first novel, Escape Plans. Teri will read from her novel and tarot reader + Bookthug author Liz Worth Tarot + Books will provide free readings throughout the evening.
Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/495028050678150/
Montreal, Thursday November 26, 2015. 7 pm. Drawn & Quarterly (211 Bernard Ouest).
Teri Vlassopoulos returns to her former home of Montreal to launch her novel, Escape Plans (Invisible Publishing). She will be joined by writers Lesley Trites (Echoic Mimic (Snare/Invisible Publishing)) and Saleema Nawaz (Bone and Bread (House of Anansi)). The event will be hosted by Ian McGillis of The Montreal Gazette.
Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/1649650425306857/
Looking forward to seeing you!
My book was officially published on October 1, although copies arrived from the printer early, so it was sold at Word on the Street in Toronto at the end of September. I’d forgotten the feeling of holding your own book; it’s so, so great.
Here are ways you can get a copy! (I’ll update as other options open up.)
- Directly from Invisible Publishing. There’s an international shipping option for anyone outside of Canada: http://invisiblepublishing.com/product/escape-plans/
- The usual online retailers: Amazon.ca (it’s not on Amazon.com yet); Indigo.
- From your local, independent bookstores! Ask someone working there to order a copy (Publisher: Invisible Publishing; ISBN-10: 1926743563; ISBN-13: 978-1926743561).
- Ask your local library branch to order a copy (see the info above). If you live in Toronto, you can place a hold here.
- An epub version is available as well!
- Oh, it has a Goodreads page.
- Toronto launch is on Sunday November 15 and the Montreal launch is on Thursday November 26! See this entry for more details.
(I’m still sending out emails through TinyLetter as well, infrequently, so don’t worry about me spamming your inbox.)
Thank you, and happy reading!